Certification and Licensing
Applies to the following products CAT 5E, CAT 6, CAT 6A, CAT 7, FIBRE OS1, OS2, OM1, OM3 & OM 4.
System Performance and Application Assurance Warranty Statement
Certified Cabling System Definition
A Molex Premise Networks Certified Cabling System, herein, Certified Cabling System, is defined as:
- An end-to-end Certified Cabling System comprised entirely of Molex Premise Networks-approved passive connectivity components. This expressly excludes any active equipment, whether in or attached to it, public network interface, or terminal equipment.
- The entire Certified Cabling System must be installed and commissioned by an authorized Molex Premise Networks Certified Installer.
- The installation has been installed and tested in adherence to the practices specified by Molex Premise Networks and based on the published edition of TIA/EIA 568, ISO IEC 11801, EN 50173 and AS/NZ 30380 which is current at the date of installation, and in compliance with the registered category of end-to-end performance.
Molex Premise Networks warrants the following for a period of 25 years from the date of issuance of its Certificate to the end user:
- Component Warranty
All components of the Certified Cabling System shall be free from manufacturing defects in material or workmanship, under normal and proper usage.
- System Performance Warranty
The links/channels of the Certified Cabling System will comply with the category of end-to-end performance to which the system is certified.
- Application Assurance Warranty
The Certified Cabling System will be free from defects which prevent the operation of standards-based applications/protocols over the category of end-to-end performance to which the system is certified. The applications/protocols shall be those recognized by standards bodies IEEE, ANSI, ATM Forum and sanctioned specifically for transmission over the category of cabling standards defined in the published edition of TIA/EIA 568, ISO IEC 11801, EN 50173 and AS/NZ 30380 which is current at the date of installation.
In the event of a Certified Cabling System failing any of the parameters described herein, Molex Premise Networks will determine its responsibilities under this warranty and provide the remedies promised herein. Any such repair or replacement shall be warranted under the terms of this warranty for the remainder of the term of this warranty. Where a non-performance is solely a result of the Certified Cabling System, the rectification of the system will be made at no cost to the end user. Molex Premise Networks will supply all components free of charge and pay labor costs (to installation companies of our choice) associated with system fault diagnosis and rectification.
If any components in the Certified Cabling System are determined to have failed and prevent conveyance of electrical signals, we will repair or replace that component, at our sole discretion, for the Certified Cabling System to convey such signals.
- System Performance
If the Certified Cabling System is found to be non-compliant to the category of end-to-end performance as originally certified, (under standards-compliant test procedures) then we will repair or replace component, at our sole discretion, for the Certified Cabling System to comply with the certified end-to-end performance.
- Application Assurance
If the Certified Cabling System prevents the end user from operating standardsbased applications/ protocols over the category of end-to-end performance to which the system is certified, then we will diagnose and repair or provide replacement product, at our sole discretion, to ensure the effective transmission of the said application/protocol.
Certified Cabling Systems are installed by industry professionals trained by Molex Premise Networks. All installations are tested and those tests are reviewed by Molex, which occasionally audits installations to ensure adherence to its installation and testing practices.
Global Warranty Program Limitations
- Repair or replacement of elements in a Certified Cabling System by Molex Premise Networks or its designated Certified Installer is the exclusive remedy to be provided under this warranty.
- This warranty is limited to the original end user for whom it was installed and is not transferable. Proof of purchase of the Certified Cabling System is required.
- This warranty is given in lieu of all other warranties, express, implied or statutory, by Molex Premise Networks and the manufacturers of all components of the Certified Cabling System, including without limitation, the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither Molex Premise Networks nor the manufacturer of any component of the Certified Cabling System will be liable for system down-time, inconvenience, disruption of business, property damage, punitive damages or any other incidental or consequential damages caused by any failure of the Certified Cabling System or any component.
This warranty does not cover failure of a Certified Cabling System or its components resulting from actions or events beyond the control of Molex Premise Networks or the manufacturer of components, including, without limitation, alterations to the Certified Cabling System, unauthorized or improper repairs, misuse, accidents, fire, water damage, and acts of God.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from locality to locality. This warranty shall be expanded to the extent, and only to the extent, required by applicable local law.
In The Event Of A Problem with an In-Warranty Certified Cabling System
By accepting this warranty at the time of its issue, the original installer and end user
both acknowledge and agree to abide by the following procedure:
- In the event of a problem, the end user shall rule out potential causes not related to the Certified Cabling System.
- If the problem has been isolated to this Certified Cabling System, the end user should contact the Installer which carried out the installation and advise of the failure, detailing the nature of the failure, the warranty certificate number, which channels are affected, the equipment which has been operating over the affected channels, and other information requested by the Installer. The end user or agent shall not undertake to rectify the fault without authorization from Molex Premise Networks, its proxy, or the Installer.
- The Installer will try to diagnose and rectify the fault. Should the Installer be unavailable or unable to rectify the fault, the end user may submit the above information using MPN’s then-current support procedures and system, at which time MPN will investigate. The product under investigation shall be returned, at end user’s expense, to MPN, who will initiate corrective procedures if warranted.
- In the event that the failure is found to be as a result of a defective Certified Cabling System, (a) the failed products will be repaired or replaced, at MPN’ sole discretion, (b) the repaired or replaced product will be shipped to the end user, (c) MPN will dispose of the faulty product, and (d) MPN will reimburse the end user for shipment of the faulty product. If the failure is found to be the fault of something other than the Certified Cabling System, MPN will dispose of the investigated product.
All technicians at ATR Communications are registered as Cabling Services Providers in the OPEN Category under the Australian Communications and Media Authority Cabling Provider Rules 2000. This registration was previously known as the Austel Licence, ACA or BCL - Base Cabling Licence.
For your safety ATR Communications recommends that all cabling be carried out by a registered cabler.
Cabling provider rules
The Telecommunications Cabling Provider Rules 2000 (CPRs) regulate the cabling industry and replaced the previous cabler licensing system with an industry-managed registration scheme.
CPRs ensure that minimum cabling requirements are in place to promote safety and maintain network integrity.
The major requirements of CPRs are that:
- All customer cabling work in the telecommunications, fire security and data industries must be performed by a registered cabler.
- Depending on the cabling work performed, cablers must obtain either an Open, Restricted or Lift registration that meets the ACMA's training competency requirements.
- Cabling work must comply with the Wiring Rules. The Wiring Rules detail the minimum requirements for cabling installations to ensure that network integrity and the health and safety of end-users, other cablers and carrier personnel is protected.
- A key requirement of the Wiring Rules is that telecommunications cabling is adequately separated or segregated from electrical cabling to avoid creating a dangerous situation.
- Cablers are required to install only cabling product (including cable) and customer equipment that complies with the requirements of the Labelling Notice.
- Cablers must, at the completion of each cabling task, provide the client (i.e. the customer or employer, whichever is appropriate) with a job sign-off form, such as a Telecommunications Cabling Advice 1 form (TCA1).
- Registered cablers must directly supervise an unqualified cabler's cabling work. This is known as the Supervision Rule.
- Under the Supervision Rule, a qualified cabler must accept full responsibility for the work done by an unqualified cabler and ensure that it fully complies with the Wiring Rules including signing the TCA1 form.
- Cablers must provide all reasonable cooperation and assistance to ACMA inspectors and cabling auditors. Cablers can be subject to fines if they do not abide by their registration conditions.
- Cablers are required to notify their registrar of any change of contact details within 21 days
Please note: This document is intended as a guide only. For this reason, the information should not be relied on as legal advice or regarded as a substitute for legal advice in individual cases.
This information has been provided with the permission of the Australian Communications and Media Authority. For further information please visit their website at www.acma.gov.au
In organizations around the world, the need for instant access to information is growing every year. Today’s advanced business requirements means rethinking the entire enterprise infrastructure to support new technologies and applications.
TE offers the industry’s most innovative cable, connectivity and cable management solutions for the world’s most sophisticated networks.
The TE Enterprise Networks product offering - now including AMP NETCONNECT, KRONE and TrueNet brands - delivers an infrastructure that anticipates change, provides complete protection, and delivers the bandwidth and reliability that is essential for high value data.
As the demand for broadband data explodes, companies across today’s telecom ecosystem need a trusted, highly responsive partner that brings together end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to help increase installation speed, simplify network complexity, and lower lifetime cost. TE Connectivity listens to customers and quickly develops smart connectivity solutions that help them design, deploy and upgrade networks that are more competitive today – and ready for what’s next.
TE Connectivity Enterprise Warranty Program
The TE Enterprise Warranty Program, brings AMP NETCONNECT and KRONE product installations together under one warranty program.
Available for 15 and 25 years, the new warranty program provides peace of mind that the top quality network you have just installed will function as an end to end solution both now and well into the future.
TE Connectivity is committed to providing the highest level of support during the lifetime of the system and feel our warranty program reflects our commitment to our clients.
We believe in our products and know our System Warranty of the network will allow it to perform an extensive list of applications. The warranties provide cover on the complete cabling system, including all TE Enterprise cable, connectors, connecting hardware and patch cords.
Our goal is to make sure that your cabling infrastructure is an asset you can rely on for a long time.
The TE 15 and TE 25 Year TE System Warranty covers your system end-to-end because we are confident that our emphasis on quality, both of our products and the training of highly skilled installer partners guarantees a high quality network.
TE Connectivity provides warranty coverage directly to the end user, ensuring our service coverage is available when required without any delays or complications.